Friday, March 6, 2015

A poem in my pocket


 


I carry a treasure dear to my heart

Only a reach in my pocket and then I start

To savor the memories of a love so true

The story is forever and the words so few




It has curled up and faded and is now worn

I memorized the words even though torn

A love that exists in the world of my mind

Undone by an illness that was so unkind




It's a treasure that no one can take away

Although people will come and some may stay

All our colors take turns in each of our lives

Memories and words last a lifetime and thrive




My pockets keep changing as fleeting time goes

Still holding the memories in music and prose

Ever etched into time and sometimes sung by the birds

The poem in my pocket lasts forever without words
 
 

 4/3/2010
Olivia xoxo

No comments: